Thursday, February 18, 2010

Hatagig lugar para sa mga kabilinggan!
Leave room for interruption:
So many times I am to busy to leave room for interruption. In Mark 1:35-39 Jesus has been so busy and first He needed time with God, he needed that solitary place to just pray. The disciples were looking for Him telling him where he needed to go when he said “Let us go somewhere else to the nearby villages so that I can preach there also. That is why I have come.” To me this is saying that the disciples were trying to take him to many places when Jesus told them I am going where the Lord is going to lead me. How many times have I been focused on going to one place and rushed through the interruptions God placed before me. I am challenged by that here, that I need to focus on every interruption and Embrace it.

In my quiet time I am going through the Gospels. I love it and I am taking each day to focus on God’s teaching and learning how I can apply those teachings in my life.

The Journey:
Well this was our last full week of language school, we have been here since Jan 22. I have learned many things I wish I could say I have gotten the language down but only spending a month in the language is not enough some spend over a year just in school. We have tried to learn as much as we could but I know we will learn more b/c when we go to the Bukid (moutnains) we will be forced to speak Cebuano. Since we have been at language school we have made many friends! Our teacher has become our Filipino mother and we have fallen in love with her family! We have learned to shop the Filipino way, I think I got good at the bargaining and also cooking! Some things we have learned to cook is Adobo which tastes a lot like seasme chicken, Pansit which is a noodles dish, also Lumpia this is a wrap with pork and veggies, and I will have to say my favorite is the grilled fresh veggies! Oh and every meal is rice, however we have stuck to every other day or once a day with rice. So cooking as been fun!
This weekend we are heading to the Bukid (moutains) to work in the clinic again! I really enjoy this and we are able to help physical needs which is very needed. The first week of March we will start working in a local hospital but we will only be there for a week. Please pray for us as we minister there. Also After that week we will train learning much about water filters, gardening and how to conduct health classes along with community development. This past weekend we went to a village called Florida, we led youth bible studies and 6 people came to the Lord. I ask that you keep those people in your prayers as the begin a new journey with the Lord. Also we traveled there by a tree boat! There is not much balance so I am so surprised by the fact we didn't fall in! ha ha that would have been a sight! It was the Aguson River.
I have been learning a Cebuano worship song! The guitar playing is coming along ha ha I love playing just don’t focus on it as much as I should ☺ But we are growing as a team and learning more ways to minister.
We have gotten to walk a lot and just explore talking with the people here! They always laugh at us when we speak to them in Cebuano but its b/c they are excited we are learning their language! This week has gone by fast and time is flying now. We have also gotten to know some Korean missionaries! God has brought many people in our lives to encourage us and keep us going on those days we struggle. I ask that you keep me and my team in prayer, as we travel back to the mountains! I hope to most more next week of our travels and time in the clinic.
Thank you for all your prayers and support once more. It means so much to know people are praying for me! I love you all and i hope your enjoying the snow! It is hot here! We have now hit the summer days! :) Also i would love feed back on my blogs. Things I could do better or things that God has shown you in your time with him. I hope I can bring encouragement as I blog b/c that is one of my reasons to do this. I hope I can!

In His Embrace,
Whitney

3 comments:

  1. Hi sweet sister,

    I am so glad you posted today. I was thinking about you and was longing to hear what you're doing half-way across the world.

    I am so thankful for the ways you are seeing God at work ... not only around you, but in you. He will prove Himself faithful to you, over and over again. Not just while you're there ... but once you return.

    I love that you said, "God has brought many people into our lives to encourage us and keep us going those days when we struggle." He never promised it would be easy, did He? He did promise, however, that He would be with us. One way He stays close is by sending those our way to extend His love and grace. I'm so thankful for that. Not only in my own life, but knowing He's covering you there, too.

    I love you, Whitney. Stay snuggled in His embrace ... He's got you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. So excited to hear how you are doing and what a great adventure God has you on!! I know it must be hard leaving all the creature comforts behind but I know that even that will draw you nearer to God. I am praying for you and loving you from a distance.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you for taking the time to keep us all posted on your experience there. Your blog is great. It sounds like you are doing great work. We are thinking of you and praying for you.

    ReplyDelete